Thursday, April 13, 2017

Throwback to Y = Mx + B

We discussed lines of regression in stats class today. Mostly, this consisted of taking y = mx + b, and messing with it so it fit with psychological research stuff. The test is coming up. This has been a difficult unit, but I've taken careful notes. Between me and Jeff, I'm sure we can figure it out.

There were a lot of people missing in abnormal psych class. Our teacher had asked everyone to please continue coming to class, but of course, many people were here for credit more than interest. If you tell them that if their grades are at a certain level and they don't need to take the final, some just won't come.

With my grade being borderline A and A- (Take that, "You will probably get a B in my class!), I'd like to take the final test anyway, even though my extra credit points will probably cover the difference for me. I think I have one more loose scantron lying around, meaning I can store the plastic wrap containing four more away for the summer. Mostly, I just don't want to risk my grade in a class  where I otherwise could have had an A. The lowest score gets dropped, and I'm pretty sure I can beat 24. If I don't, it's no great loss. Like I said, I'll probably be fine once the extra credit gets factored in.

I spent my evening working on that English essay. On Wednesday, we were told to have four pages of a draft printed and with us on Friday for our peers to review. With my Wednesday still being kind of busy, I hadn't gotten as much done as I wanted. I worked hard tonight, and was able to have four rough pages thrown together. The nice thing about this class is, you only have to write the one essay. You just have to make sure you do a really great job on it.