Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Please Disturb in Emergencies

English class went well today. We had some time to work on our essays, and we're doing peer reviews next time. Hopefully I get some good critiques!

Normally, I stay up on campus all of Wednesday. However, I checked Canvas and happened to notice that we were doing an assignment in class that involved our books, and mine was still at my apartment. Oops. I headed back and grabbed it.Before I headed out, I got a call from the lady I'd talked to last week about the psychology study. She told me that the MRI machine was broken, but that she'. That would have been cool to have my brain scanned. Oh well.

I had my final stats lab of the semester today. Nice to get that over and done with! In career class, we filled out a page of questions about our reading, and then took a quiz on the material. I did well on it, so that was nice. I have over 100% in this class, in fact.

After that, I went to eat at the Marketplace. This semester, on Wednesdays I typically eat after interior design, but we got out early in career so I did this instead since my break between career and design was longer than my break between design and Institute. I tried a new kind of potatoes, and enjoyed a very tasty grilled cheese.

Interior design went well enough. Our teacher outlined what we need to do for our final projects of the semester. We either need to render a room and do another swatch board, or create a piece of art and stage a room around that piece of art. My ability to mess with my room is limited (especially with check-outs just around the corner), and doing the render last time was fun. I think I'll do okay!

Because I wasn't staying on campus to eat, I ended up heading back to my room so I could drop off my things. Too bad I didn't stay there, because when I came back, we weren't having class. I was actually a couple minutes after 5:30, but one girl was in there practicing her piano playing. She had been late herself, and told me that she'd heard other students saying our teacher apparently hadn't shown up tonight. Also, last week, an email had been sent out telling us class was cancelled, which explains why no one ever showed up while I was waiting. Oh.

Since this was the second week in a row our teacher wasn't here, I stopped by the main office on my way out and asked if I could change the email I had on file. The receptionist looked it up, but it was the email I was expecting. However, the "Do not disturb" box had been checked. I can see how that would be a problem. I'd like to know when class was cancelled, though!

Anyway, I had her uncheck it and then returned to Blue Square. I spent the evening working on my essay draft for English class. I also ate a Baby Bottle Pop in the process. My goal was to get all my quotes and citations finalized. Tomorrow, I'll just need to look over and rearrange a few things for clarity. It's all coming together! That's not bad at all.