Saturday, April 22, 2017

Under Construction: Come On In

Going to my laser hair-removal appointment was kind of amusing today. Jorja came with in the car. Mom dropped me off and asked if I knew which building I was supposed to go in (she was leaving to take Jorja to softball). I said I knew, and she left. But when I opened the door, I was shocked to find the place torn up- white building materials, plastic, and dust everywhere. I shut the door again, and noticed a flyer that said they were indeed still operating even while under construction. So, hesitantly, I stepped inside. Over to my right, I saw two women behind a desk, and was able to check into my appointment. After that, things proceeded as normal, although I had to watch my step while walking down the hallway.

Mom and I checked out Home Depot after my appointment was over so I could get some samples for my swatch board. We took pictures of various kitchen appliances and cabinets. All the samples we took were free. And here I thought we couldn't beat Lowe's price of 25 cents!

We grabbed Sonic for lunch (I got a cool plastic dinosaur skull with a movable jaw in my kid's meal) and then met up with Jorja at softball. She was disappointed to see we'd already gotten food since she was hungry, but Mom picked up some Arby's for her, and then we went to the store to grab some groceries.

As for my afternoon, I spent a lot of time working on my kitchen render. Designing a mid-century modern kitchen can be tricky, especially when the render only gives me so many options. I pored over each one, and put together several kitchen designs, but scrapped all of them. They just didn't seem right. I also designed the living area and entry hall next to the kitchen, so that I could add large arched doorways since mid-century modern design emphasizes open spaces. Slowly but surely, it's coming along!