Monday, April 10, 2017

So I Forgot My Age Today

We discussed the active and passive voice in English class today. Unlike gerunds, this is a thing about grammar that I actually understand. I had some time between English and my next class to eat lunch and make a few cleaning tweaks to my room.

I also got a call from one of the abnormal psychology studies I signed up for, and talked on the phone with a lady who scheduled a time to meet with me on the 20th. They were looking for people with low levels of perfectionism to compare against people with high levels of perfectionism (perfectionism involving things like, the inability to start or complete work due to fears that it isn't perfect, or inability to turn things in for the same reasons). After I took the survey last week, I qualified for having low levels, and they're going to scan my brain. Nice. Also, she asked me what age I was and I said 18. I'm 19. Oops. I guess I was so excited about it being my half-birthday that I didn't pay attention to the actual number. I corrected myself, but it was the first time I've forgotten my own age.

In career class, we had a speaker talk to us about stereotypes. Then we discussed perspective in interior design. I got home and heard from Demetria that our RA had indeed come while I was out. We did well, except I got knocked for not cleaning the sink very well. I thought it was fine, but apparently it didn't meet her standards. Funny- I was sure the RA had been very clear we were being judged on safety most of all. I suppose I should have assumed a "cleaning check" would indeed involve scrutiny. She certainly left my place looking like someone had pawed through my stuff.

If we fail cleaning checks, someone is supposed to come back the following day to re-evaluate us. I cleaned the bathroom tonight just in case, not sure if she was planning to return or not. Better to do it more than less!