Sunday, December 4, 2016

Chocolate Notes and Chocolate Cookies

We went to church today. There were some pretty good testimonies given, and we talked about the Brother of Jared and other Ether chapters in class today. Also, we were told about an app called JustServe that looks interesting. People can throw out requests for help doing projects and other people can sign up to come over and paint rooms or move furniture and things. Service stuff.

I spent most of the day typing up my chocolate notes. It's taken a ridiculous amount of time, between the amount of notes and how little I wanted to study them. I just have such a difficult time retaining the concepts because they're not really relevant to my life in any way, and chemistry is the class I did worst in during high school. But I did find out it was easier to remember information when I compared it to Anti-Fairies. Chocolate in stage IV is said to have a B' polymorphic form. On a coordinate grid, figures noted with 's are like shadows of the original shape, like an Anti-Fairy to a Fairy. And the B' crystals are orthorhombic- they're cubes like Anti-Fairy babies! Weird.

And then I started getting distracted because there's an episode where Anti-Cosmo and Cosmo are having shapeshifting problems because their respective shapeshifting organs were synced up, and that was really funny because Anti-Cosmo said his fagiggly gland was "going good". If the default Anti-Fairy state is IV, and Anti-Cosmo said his gland was "going good", then logically that would mean it's progressing to the V stage in chocolate crystallization, which is the best of the six stages. And Cosmo, who would have already been in the stable V stage (B crystals), had a fagiggly gland that was going bad- he bloomed to Stage VI, which is the unwanted crystal structure. 

I'm hilarious.

And then like, oil migration and eutectic effect, turning Fairies and Anti-Fairies inside out, switching personalities like Cosmo and Anti-Cosmo actually did at the end of that episode... I think I've got the crystallizing concept down now. So that made studying more fun. This show.

Typing notes kept me busy until pretty late, but I did it! ... Now I just need to go through the chocolate PowerPoints and quizzes to see if there's anything I missed. Then I need to study for the last quiz- the flavor one. Supposedly it has chemical structures in it, but we've been told that about every quiz and none of them have so far. Either way, I hope I have a fair grasp on the information, because this could essentially make or break my grade. Fingers crossed!

Demetria had a piano recital tonight, although I didn't go to it. The buses don't run on Sunday, so she called a taxi service that advertised itself as being open 24/7. She said that the lady who picked up sounded annoyed and said they were closed today. Um. Are they closed every Sunday? What happened to 24/7? And why was she at work to answer the phone...?

So after a few more failed attempts to secure a ride, Demetria called Alison and asked if she could drive her where she needed to be. She just needed to be on the other side of campus, so it was about a two-minute drive, as opposed to a half an hour walk. Alison has been nothing but kind to us. When I walked Demetria out to help her find the car, I brought a Ziploc bag containing seven or eight Keebler's grasshopper cookies and a note thanking Alison for letting us use her car all the time. We keep trying to pay her back for her kindness, but when we do things like invite her over for cake an ice cream, she goes out and buys us pumpkins and carving supplies! I also told her about my new temple recommend, so I might be going to do baptisms with her soon.

I went out there in my pajamas and without shoes. The ground was cold. I'll have to be aware of that for future reference.