Saturday, December 24, 2016

Springs

Today John, Trevor, Mom, Dad, Matt, Anne, and I hit the Springs! The snow was powdery and slow at first, but it grew easier the more we ran it. We switched who drove the four-wheeler by oldest to youngest, and cycled through all the adults (myself included) before we had to call it quits on account of a lack of gas.

Sam made corn chowder soup for dinner that I actually enjoyed. And I finished a chapter for one of my stories that I've been struggling with for the last couple months, so that made me pretty happy. I've been working on some world-building for the "Stars and Finches" project, although I can never seem to settle on something I really like. Every time I think I have a good idea, I run across people saying that such things are cliche (even if I've never read a story about a disabled princess who uses her throne as a wheelchair- apparently such a character would be merely a "token").

Sam says that I should do what I like, because someone will always be annoyed or offended by something, and it's my job to write my characters and their story the way I feel they should be written. She's an editor, so I'll believe her there.

We decorated cookies for Santa tonight. Anne got a kick out of that.


 Anne, Jorja, Preston. Stockton in the background.


And tomorrow is Christmas! It's practically here!