Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Mom Is Forty-Three

It was Mom's birthday today! She hates having her birthday straight after Christmas because people tend to say, "Here's your Christmas and birthday present", and give her what they gave everyone else for Christmas. Halves the present count. At least she always gets to spend it at the cabin with her family. I think there's only one time in the last several years she celebrated her birthday elsewhere.

A lot of today had to be spent dealing with problems that arose from the loss of Cassie's keys. Because we had to wait for the tow truck guy, who was late since he had to go and pull his boss's daughter back onto the road, we weren't able to go to the Springs all day like Mom wanted to on her birthday. At least she did get to enjoy some night sledding just outside! And I played Dominion with her too.

We also had a ping pong tournament (I lost) and a foosball tournament (I lost that too). Stockton won the former against Uncle John, and John won the latter against Uncle Matt. Dad had whipped up a scoreboard for the ping-pong tournament, although I didn't make it far in the bracket. As for the foosball tournament, kids were put to bed so Dad took the foosball table apart and reconstructed it upstairs:

 Dad is hard at work


Dad and Stockton trying it out

Mom enjoying the table, Sam and baby Jeff in the background.
He was super sick and lethargic on Christmas, but is doing a lot better now!

Mom vs. her dad

Mom vs. Uncle John

The adults went night sledding, and if I weren't so sore from my crash of yesterday, I might have joined them. I got some good writing done anyway. It did look like fun!