Monday, December 26, 2016

Springs Continued

It was a mostly relaxing day for me, but Mom and Aunt Cassie were kept busy. They drove all the way back to Utah so that Aunt Sherry could take baby Collin's handprints in clay. At one point, Mom texted me saying, "Remember when we were driving with Aunt Sam in Wyoming? Well..." We had run out of gas a mile or two from the gas station (we could see the city lights) and Sam waved down a hitchhiker. Apparently, Cassie and Mom were so busy talking, they completely forgot to pay attention to getting gas. Oh boy.

They managed to pull over to the side, and Cassie stayed in the car with Collin while Mom started to walk. Someone stopped to pick her up, and apparently she asked, "Are you a kind man, or a scary man?" Then she noticed the loaf of Kneader's bread in his front seat and said, "Oh, you can't be scary. You have Kneader's, and Kneader's is delicious". Classic Mom.

He took her to the gas station, about a mile away, to pick up a gas can and even gave her his Kneader's bread and wished her a merry Christmas after he drove her back to Cassie. The two were able to get the car started and drive to a gas station after that.

My day was a little less exciting than that. I did a lot of writing and played some games (Preston, Dad, and I went through every criminal in Stop Thief), but we did go out to sled and back up to the Springs for several runs, along with Uncle John, Mallory, and Trevor. 

On our second to last run down, the four of us Smith kids decided to have a race. At one point, I was right behind Jorja and ended up swerving a bit and plowing face first into thick powder. Stockton immediately plowed into me straight after that, quite hard, which left me bruised and sore for awhile. I finally managed to struggle to my knees and get back on my sled to go after him, but it sure hurt! On our next ride up the hill, Stockton climbed off the four-wheeler and asked if I wanted to race again. I gave him a look and said, "After you hit me? ... You know it."

That's me

That was how I spent my day, and I ended it with a game of Settlers of Catan against Mom, Dad, and Preston after Mom and Cassie made it safely back. Four hours there just to spend a moment before flipping around and driving back! Wow! We played the game with the piece holders, robber, and trophies Preston had 3D printed for me for Christmas. I think I'll like them just fine.